I would LOVE the opportunity to come teach your group! Please email for details.
LET THE MAGIC IN YOU COME OUT!

Search This Blog

1.22.2011

Let There Be Peace On Earth And Let It Begin With Me.

I began making this book, Let There Be Peace On Earth And Let It Begin With Me, toward the end of October last year. 

There are lots of pictures of it - down below in this post but first...

Let me simply say...I've been through some major changes since I began working on it. All good - especially since I have a little distance between then and now.


Since I began work on it, my belief system has changed, evolved, grown, mushroomed, morphed. Become more loving, forgiving, tolerant...especially toward myself. But definitely towards others too. 


And to think I thought I'd outgrown most of my judgmental attitudes.


I can say with a song in my heart and a smile on my face that I understand so much more about letting peace begin with me. 

Maybe because of the questions I thought about as I was working on the book, maybe because of the things I was learning through our move here to Colombia, or watching Sophia grow, or making myself bloom where I'm planted. Could be Bear's going back to Iraq and my empathy for him and Winge. Could be seeing the changes that Pedro and Hillary have had to make in their lives...or just learning how to get along.


I've learned a lot about myself. Many of those questions I asked have been and are being answered.


At any rate, here are the pages I've almost completed. At this point, I think the only thing left to do is possibly add borders and bind it.





Create Your Life...


annie!

7 comments:

  1. This is a superlative journal/journey. You are very fortunate to meld your art and your life the way you do. Thank you so much for sharing these parts of your heart and mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean that animals have to quit killing other animals to eat?
    Just asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Did you dye the materials you used? These are lovely pages!
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Faith,

    Thanks for your lovely comment!

    I'm working on the pages - again - and will post a description of techniques next time, instead of preaching, along with the new completed pictures. :)

    annie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, thanks for the kind words. You are right, I should not throw away my work but I get so upset sometimes. I have to remember that I have just started this and have no training but just love what I am doing. It seems very relaxing to me, of course not when I get upset, but you know what I mean. So I am truly enjoying myself, but will have to get better about just walking away as one of my (high) school said to me yesterday. She is so cute and so very creative. Good advice from a teen:-/ Thank you for stopping by. Warm Regards, CindyLew

    ReplyDelete
  6. ANOTHER fabulous book!
    LOVE the arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Ingrid! I'm a huge fan of your work and it means a lot to me that you've taken time to visit and comment!

    ReplyDelete

Yuckola. More than half of my email has been from anonymous, so.....