I would LOVE the opportunity to come teach your group! Please email for details.
LET THE MAGIC IN YOU COME OUT!

Search This Blog

3.15.2011

Santa Marta 3

Back at the beach...


I sat with Astrid and Quique - right under that there palm tree - and did nothing but play with Sophia while these three took a walk and collected beautiful rocks and driftwood.


Lotsa vendors selling lotsa stuff...


Back to the house for lunch...


Which was cooked for us by the lady who also does the cleaning. Pedro's cousin Ivan and four other families own this house together and treat it something like a time share...but not. The muchacha is always there whenever there are guests.

And then we took off to Santa Marta for late afternoon browsing...


I took pictures from the bus window. it was easier to ride the bus (and cheaper) and not have to worry about parking, etc...







Many of my 647 pictures had to be deleted because they were so blurry but I did get some when the bus slowed down...



This lady's smile is indicative of most Colombians...






Those were all probably taken when we rode through Rodadero.





And here are our first glimpses of Santa Marta...







We rode the bus to the old part of the city...


The architecture was very similiar to a section of Barranquilla...





And No...this is not a faux finish...




 
Beautiful, isn't it?

Then, after a short walk to the waterfront, I decided to have my hair braided...


How could I say no to this face?...

 
He was very fond of Jerry who patiently waited - as did Hillary, Pedro and Sophia...




Sophia kept saying, "Ohhhh, Muy Bonita annie! grandma"!



This fella was making wire sculptures in front of my chair and I just loved his ankle bracelets...


More to Come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yuckola. More than half of my email has been from anonymous, so.....