I would LOVE the opportunity to come teach your group! Please email for details.
LET THE MAGIC IN YOU COME OUT!

Search This Blog

3.21.2011

Who Woulda Thunk It?!?


I'm new this year to the art journaling world and I'm LoViN it!
 

I've been seeing art journaling posts, pictures, etc. for a few years now and knew I was going to get involved one of these days...


and Hallelujia...

 
the day has arrived.



And I'm LOVin it!


I began the year with a committment to the Sketchbook Challenge (click the button on the sidebar for more info) 


which has gotten me on an Art Journaling 'kick".



I'm still very unsure of myself when it comes to sketching...


although I'm often pleasantly surprised when I draw something from a photo...

Or pictures in a book...




 Or calendars...


Or start out practicing drawing people and end up with a city scene out of my head...



Or draw really fast while watching cartoons with Sophia...




With art journaling...there are no little voices in my head telling me I can't draw, or, or, or...



I sketched this while sitting on the beach in Santa Marta last weekend - influenced by the palm trees - because I'm still a little too shy to try sketching something real with onlookers nearby...



I found that I'd pressed so hard, that the image came thru on the next page, so I colored over it lightly with pencil and zentangled around the tree (instead of inside it) on this one...




So it's with freedom and abandonment that I've been playing with paper and...stuff.


Stuff that's unfamiliar to me.





Like water color pencils.




I GreatlY admire the work of a lady I found on FLICKR who goes by the screen name...Journal Artista. Her real name is Paula Phillips and you can find her here.


She has free tutorials - and I've watched a few of them recently - and decided last night that, rather than put it off for another day...I was going to play with the technique she taught.



So I did!



You can see the results above! (The flowers and the 'blobby' pix too).


I used Staedtler and Prismacolor watercolor pencils which I had on hand - purchased at yard sales and got happy.


So...I'm off to the playroom because I have LOTS of supplies that I collected before moving here to Colombia...

that I gotta use up!


Yeee Haaaaww... 


~CREATE YOUR LIFE~


2 comments:

Yuckola. More than half of my email has been from anonymous, so.....